• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power bleeding a Dual circuit truck

A Blind Man

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't gotten to this point on my dual circuit adventures yet but figured I'd ask while it was on my mind, since I just found a dual circuit master cylinder new on the cheaps.
Can the deuce dual circuit master cylinder be power bled like the standard master can? (essentially tap a hole in the lid and pressurize it a bit?) rinse and repeat for each side of the reservoir?

rustystud

Haven't gotten to this point on my dual circuit adventures yet but figured I'd ask while it was on my mind, since I just found a dual circuit master cylinder new on the cheaps.
Can the deuce dual circuit master cylinder be power bled like the standard master can? (essentially tap a hole in the lid and pressurize it a bit?) rinse and repeat for each side of the reservoir?
Yes. I pressure bleed mine all the time.

63C20

Mounting a dual circuit master cylinder on a standard Deuce is likely not a realistic plan. The mount is completely different, the clutch pedal would have to be re positioned. Then you have the brake lines, the 2nd air pack mount and air lines, (could be fabricated). The secondary air tank is also different. I would guess that the project could be done for maybe around 3k. I would consider just going with the single circuit or looking for an Air Force truck. Back in the day, all we had were M35A1s and never had any brake failures over several hundred trucks (they were newer back then tho). Good Luck

(I have a spare air tank if you need it)

Last edited:

A Blind Man

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, luckily that 3d model of the mount just got posted up, so starting to piece that bit together... (I work in a machine/weld shop so getting it fabbed should be essentially free) shifting the clutch pedal over, I didn't think about that one... shouldn't be beyond too far beyond moving a bracket and boring a new hole?
Big truck yard near me has a2's and a3's with the airpacks still on them I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head but it was pretty reasonable if you pulled them yourself, and rebuild kits aren't that expensive.

We'll see, I know that I'll end up in over my head at some point on this one but it was one of the upgrades that if I could get out from under it for under 1k, I'd go for it. (thus so far just on raw parts list I'm still pretty good)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks