• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power Bleeding Deuce Brakes

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have read over the TMs regarding bleeding the brakes on a deuce using a power bleeder.

The TM suggests using 20-30PSI to do this. I have read several threads on brake bleeding and they suggest using no more than 10PSI.

Kinda curious, which is correct? Or, does it matter?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never bothered measuring the pressure, just pump it (insect sprayer version), perhaps ten times. It builds up pressure very fast...BTW, I also us it with kerosene for testing fuel burning heater valves and a few "pumps" get the pressure up to 8 psi in a hurry. I do use a pressure gauge to monitor that job.

Srjeeper

I do mine between 15 to 20 lbs. and that seems like plenty to me.
As a matter of fact I just did them yesterday in preperation for a show next weekend.
Checked my Oct. 1991 TM 9-2320-361-20 and it recomends charging the bleeder to 20 to 25lbs..

2cents

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, do NOT operate the brake pedal while the pressure bleeder is connected and pressurized. I recommend using the pressure bleeder with the truck engine off and the air tanks drained, to avoid accidental brake pedal action.

bryan70546

yep must have pics ........any luck with the tires . why dont you just wait till i get home to help you with em you dont need to be fooling with that by yourself.:driver: