• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power booster

Jeepadict

This may chafe the purists, but for the same $200 you can get a remanufactured unit from O'Reilly with a lifetime warranty. Or from Rock Auto for $125 to $225. It's the same part. For those dollars, there's no way I'd go thru the hassle of having a special tool machined, buy the kit, and still have to do the labor to rebuild it. Strictly my opinion. But if you enjoy special or intricate projects, this one has the potential to be a good time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This may chafe the purists, but for the same $200 you can get a remanufactured unit from O'Reilly with a lifetime warranty. Or from Rock Auto for $125 to $225. It's the same part. For those dollars, there's no way I'd go thru the hassle of having a special tool machined, buy the kit, and still have to do the labor to rebuild it. Strictly my opinion. But if you enjoy special or intricate projects, this one has the potential to be a good time.

Definitely agree with this. Mine was leaking as well so I purchased an entire remanufactured booster from rock auto. It’s pretty quick to swap out and then you can have more confidence in the entire unit

cucvrus

Buy a rebuilt one. Most are warranted for life. Just keep in mind to install it before you turn in the core. Sometimes not all parts are included with the rebuilt booster. Ask me how I know. I had 1 that was missing the push rod and sprag spring retainer. Returned it and had to tear another parts vehicle apart to get the push rod. Take Care. And as I always say there is more to rebuilding things then just taking it apart and replacing a few seals and gaskets. I see poor workmanship all the time. I try to practice what I preach and do the best job I can. I even hire out work I can't do myself. Money well spent. Take Care and Be Safe.

Last edited:

Chevykev

May go down this route as an easier option, I'm in the UK & use rock auto alot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks