• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power cable for VIC-3

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need the power cable to go from the battery or transient suppressor MX-7777 to the power connector on the VIC-3 main box, the CD-82/VRC. I have what is referred to in the manual as the power cable, the CX-13468, but the -20&P manual says that this is to be routed into the power connection on the SINCGARS radio mount. I am not installing a SINCGARS at this time, and instead want to tap the VIC-3 directly into vehicle 24V power, or into the MX-7777 for circuit protection.

Is there another cable out there that can be used in the CX-13473's place?

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll resurect this post, as I need to power up a complete VIC-3. Everything seems to be present except power cable CX-13468. I see in this post, someone had an answer, but shared via PM. :(

i have the same issue, at he moment I'm not powering it through the SINCGARS. I don't have SINCGARS I want to power directly now.

Any advice? Anyone have this cable CX-13468 and know how to wire it to the master control station?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cx13468 is also known as a3206017. They come in different lengths-3,-5,-7 etc

I believe the only way to use it to cut off the tray mount side and just "hot" wire the pos/neg or secure the correct am-phenol/cannon plug. I don't believe the military has a power cable with the correct vic3 end and 2 bare cables. I read the plugs are out there but a lot more than the already high priced ones on ebay. I also in the hunt for a reasonable one.....

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To power the Vic....you need a MT-6352/vrc radio tray and its power cord which goes from the left conn. to the batteries.
Then the CX-13468, or A3206017-3 cable which goes to the far right connector.

[h=1][/h]

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I have the power cable. Is there a diagram that shows which pins are +&- ? Or which pin receptacles. From there I can figure out which wire is + & - and just wire it direct (with an inline fuse)

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have this tray.....Red circled wires go to batteries.....yellow is Vic3 power.
2 contact end on Vic3 : A=+24 B= -24
DSC_000268.jpg

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see. But I don't have that piece. Anyone know what pin on the 4 pin side (A, B, C or D) is + or - or, more importantly which pin on the two pin side is + or - ?

or is that piece common and not too expensive?

Thanks.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see. But I don't have that piece. Anyone know what pin on the 4 pin side (A, B, C or D) is + or - or, more importantly which pin on the two pin side is + or - ?

or is that piece common and not too expensive?

Thanks.
I said what it is above .

Crapgame

Resurrection: RE: VIC-3 LITE, the LITE box has a 2 pin connector at the top, right side to power the intercom. Anybody know the correct CX part number for this 2 pin to 4 pin A4J2 outlet on the MT-6352/VRC?

Right now, I have a 4 pin power plug to the VIC-3 LITE Box Radio A 6 pin outlet to the MT-6352/VRC A4J2 outlet but the intercom doesn't appear to have power.

In my case, I am trying to power SINCGARS single VRC-90 long range configuration radio, with the VIC-3 LITE on the intercom bracket between the radio tray legs. The radio/Amp/power tray is working but the VIC-3 LITE doesn't appear to be breaking squelch when I hit the PTT.

Sully LMTV

I believe the cable is an CX-13468/VRC and/or A3206017 (there is an -x appended to the end that denotes length in feet) i.e., A3206017-5

I built a temp connector/cable to get my VIC-3 MCS powered on the bench. I am still receiving parts and haven't installed in my M1078 yet.

Below is from my personal notes/log:

Sully_Vic-3 Notes.PNG

Not pretty, but works as a temp connection.

Sully

Last edited: