• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power divider driveshaft boot replacement

comike27

On my m816 wrecker one of the boots on the power divider driveshaft is destroyed , I ordered a new boot and seal from Oshkosh they only had one boot . What is the method for taking out the driveshaft to replace the boot . It looks like the gear box has to b taken out in order to slip out the driveshaft , some insight would b appreciated.thanks

comike27

I changed the boot today , I took the three linkages off the power divider then took the cover plate off in the tool box and hooked a strap to the eyelet on the power divider then unbolted the divider and it dropped down enough to get the driveshaft out and change the boot . I didn’t remove the jack shaft from the transfer case or the rear winch driveshaft there was enough movement without taking them off. I only could find one boot and that’s what was missing on my divider . This is the one piece shaft . Hope this info helps someone .