• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power inverter system, dc to ac,

NEIOWA

Anyone have experience with this unit of similar can report on?

6130-01-552-6350

The Quiet Power DC to AC Inverter System (QP-1800) is comprised of one QP-1800 Inverter, one
NATO Slave Input Cable, and one Transport Case. This semi-ruggedized system converts 24VDC to
115VAC (pure sine wave) enabling operation of 115VAC powered devices from vehicle 24VDC power.

http://www.marcorsyscom.marines.mil/Portals/105/pdmeps/docs/APS/H0004.pdf

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have not used THAT one, but have used a couple other 24v inverters. 1800watts isnt that great for the prices I've seen them(that model you linked to) sell for. I picked up a 1500w unit for 100.00 and love it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I had one.

Unless you need perfectly clean power for some sensitive electronics, it is overkill.

Last edited:

NEIOWA

I have not used THAT one, but have used a couple other 24v inverters. 1800watts isnt that great for the prices I've seen them(that model you linked to) sell for. I picked up a 1500w unit for 100.00 and love it.
Uncle pays $4,671.85 for these in a nifty Pelican case with slave receptical cable. Must be an extra super-duper special case but I'm thinking the inverter likely is a bit higher quality than a Harbor Frt item. I have had a cheapie 12v Inverter that wasn't worth hauling home.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I understand what your saying. Mine wasn't a horrible freight version, it was mil-spec. If your happy with the specs and price, pull the trigger. I just think its too much for what you get, thats all.

NEIOWA

Mil surplus is available from DLA to Fire Dept for the cost of the freight. From some categories, from some depots, they will even ship it.

Jericho

unless your adamant that it has to be Uncle stuff , I have been running twin DR 3624. 3600 watt, 24 volt dc to 110 /220 inverters for 23 years 24/7 365. I run TRACE inverters which was bought by Zantrex, which was just bought again, Trace made the best in the world for years . With inverters, you get what you pay for I paid $2200.00 each in 1996. They are actually MUCH CHEAPER now

Jericho

Match the FSN to the assigned part number, AF used a lot of Trace inverters , then run a search on the items for use available for the MUNICIPAl draw. don't forget the Guard and reserve, Guard historicly does its own surplus disposal

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The case is a Pelican 1560.

I love my inverter. Been running a Dewalt chopsaw with it to make fence posts out of old water pipe. The first inverter I got was a Ebay 2000w/4000w peak. It got hot and failed after 2 cuts. This one doesn't even flinch and has made about 175~ cuts so far. It can also be used to run the TV, router and Playstation during power outages to keep the kids entertained, since it makes clean power. My Pelican case will be here Tuesday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks