• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power loss

wayne pick

I lost some power going up hills after I straight piped my exhast. Any ideas? I do not know if the IP was adjusted after the PO installed the turbo. It has actually lowerd the RPM on level road, but seems like it is starving for fuel going up hills.

ryan77

Try turning up the fuel on the ip! I bet the loss of back pressure has affected air fuel ratio! When i put a pipe on my motorcycle i had to rejet the carb due to the loss of back pressure!

wayne pick

Yea ryan, I knew this had to be done with gas engines, did the same with my bike years back. I didn't realise a fuel adj had to be made with a diesel. Pretty stupid brain fart on my part, What if it had been adj after the turbo install? Turn it up annother 1/4 turn? My engine runs great and I don't want to risk blowing it up. And your right about it being loud, I may put a straight through glasspack on it to lessen the bark and see how it runs then. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks