• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power!!!! Power!!!! 911!!!!!

b4thundr

OK so other than a turbo What can you do for more power on these things. has any body turned up the pumps? replaced the nozzles with bigger ones? :roll:

Armada

Put in a gasser.
Seriously, it's basically a big air compressor so anything you can do to get more air in and out will help. Freer flowing air cleaner, freer flowing exhaust will help.

appnut1

GM did not make bigger injectors for these engines and adding a turbo with out major engine modifications is not a good idea. I was in charge of maintenance on a large fleet of the civillian version of these units in the fire service. We found a very good injection lab that would turn the pump up to the top end of the scale and we ended up with a couple units that could even turn the tires on dry pavement, quite an accomplishment with dual wheels.

b4thundr

Gas motors suck!! lol and they don't run on veggie oil. I just want a little more power outta the 6.2 is all it all-ready has dual exhaust!!:-D

joeypushjr1

you may have duall exhaust now but its factory dual . you need like a 3" at least. when i got the banks turbo it come with a 3" ehaust breaths so much better. and get likea k&n air intake or banks cause there more open and beathe better

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simply put, don't waste your money trying to make a large gain in HP on the 6.2L. Just isn't worth it, they are what they are. (Just my opinion);-)

emr

Simply put, don't waste your money trying to make a large gain in HP on the 6.2L. Just isn't worth it, they are what they are. (Just my opinion);-)
That is alot more than an opinion, The fact is they are not the best motors, They are like said so well, they are what they are, There are those who say they got alot of miles out of theres,Thats great , But Most do not, It is a hobby truck and very cool, and I would love to own one, but the truth is u will waste time and money and get nowhere. That motor will die a fast death from pushing it. Drive it like it is and enjoy it. for what it is. Not knocking em, just saying it like it is...:-D

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read this article from Diesel Power magazine - there are four pages for the full article...

GM 6.2L Buildup - Diesel Power Magazine

YOU CAN make this a better engine. But if you are looking to go above about 160 hp, then you will have to look for a different engine.

The military went from the 6.2 to the 6.5 to the 6.0...

Lots of choices. The 6.2 IS a great motor. It does have it's limitations. But realize that in the mid 1980's, the gas engine had less HP in stock configuration than the 6.2L diesel engine did.

So realize what it is and what it is not.

crusty

I'm with Doghead on this one. If you're not going to pump more air into the engine, you're not going to get much more power out. Modest gains can be had by turning the inject or pump up, but without more air, adding fuel will only add polution and kill your mileage. For a significant boost in output, I'd go with a Duramax swap. Much greater power potential, just avoid EMP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks