• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

POWER stearing pump

m816

We went up to Ft Drum last weekend and lost the power steering in my five ton M-54, When we got back to the farm, we took it all apart and discovered the shaft between the drive gear and the pump motor had sheared off. The shaft is a good hslf inch thick. There is no other damage except the broken shaft. Anyone have a simular problem with the pump on the multifuel engine? I am looking fo a replacement pump. If you have one, please give me a PM. Thanks Vinny

Westech

CPL
I have seen that happen to the Saginaw pumps on Autos before. I have no idea why, no other problems. Just slap in a new pump and good to roll.
I am guessing just a crapy shaft.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does a gasser have the same pump?

m816

Well, now that we know it is a problem, Anyone have any leads on one? The shaft broke clean and had no noticeable flaws It also seems to have falied while driving down a relatively straight road for quite some distance, no hard turns or rough road. Now we need to replace it before we can think about going to the Gathering at Louisvelle in August. From the few vendors we have contacted, they seem to think they are gold plated and I am on somewhat of a tight budjet this year. So we are looking for a reasonable price Thanks Vinny

m816

Power Steering Pump needed

Hey guys, We are in need of a replacement power steering pump from a 5 ton Multifuel engine. Anyone parting out a five ton engine, I would like to hear from. Pretty soon would be better if we have any chance of making the Gathering in Aug. Thanks Vinny

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I understand it, these are Vickers pumps. Does anybody know the Vickers part number. It looks as if the pump has a standard 2-bolt mount so I'm thinking you could find a replacement in the civilian world.

m816

Brother Logan Werth sent me the power steering pump from the engine he blew up last Aug on the way home with Uncle Meat. He had to replace his engine and gave me the pump for my truck. We will be putting it in next week and then we need a road test. Doesn't look like we will make the gathering with the Untouchable this year. We are deeply disapointed. Thanks to all who went out of their way to help us out.

m816

Thanks Paul, I put all the ickers info on a file. Now if I need to get it I can. In the meantime, I will put the one I got from Logan on the truck. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks