• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power Steering Box Source

Amxhunter

Got most of the parts lined up , but having an issue finding a "reasonable" price on Ross Box.

TruckParts2u wants $450 ! Ouch !!!

Any leads ?

I've been telling potential suppliers that I need

Ross Power Steering Box HF54050 303 79 or similar, 2 port, 4 mounting holes

The 4 mounting holes is mandatory as there are other versions out there with 3 that will not work.

TIA.

Unforgiven

Try Texas Power Steering

Texas Power Steering Rebuilders, Inc.

If you're going to pay $400 for a Ross box, it may as well be freshly rebuilt by professionals.

All you'll find on HeavyTruckParts is rusted junk for the same price. It'd be worth it if the box was only $50. Then you could rebuild it yourself. But they want $400 for boxes that are obviously in bad shape.

I'm also looking at Gringletaube power steering parts. FYI Jegs has rag joints, D shafts, and u-joints.

Borgeson Rubber ''Rag Joint'' Steering Couplers - JEGS

Trying to find an appropriate one-piece pitman arm is what I fear. But Ross boxes have both splined & D/clamp types I think. So you need to know what box you have before sourcing a pitman.

The 4 mounting holes is mandatory as there are other versions out there with 3 that will not work
Amxhunter -

Thought this might be an option for you. Although Ross model HFB-52022 boxes mount with three bolts instead of four, they will work with a mount plate attached to the frame. All the Canadian 2.5 ton M-35 series trucks use them as they came from the factory this way. The plate is originally riveted but bolting a fabbed up mounting plate would work too.

Attachments

ALFA2

Evelone, thank you for your info, this is useful and interesting, where can the PS box and plate like this be had from used ?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

ALFA2

...where can the PS box and plate like this be had from used ?
ALFA2 -

This box should be available from heavy truck used parts suppliers nationwide. The plate would have to be manufactured by whomever required it as they were part of the trucks frame assly when new. It doesn't look like it would take too much skill to fab one up. As well some of the Canadian trucks have begun to be sold off, military surplus dealers up here have started selling whole trucks and parting them. The actual box and plates may be available this way.

jesusgatos

ALFA2 -

This box should be available from heavy truck used parts suppliers nationwide. The plate would have to be manufactured by whomever required it as they were part of the trucks frame assly when new. It doesn't look like it would take too much skill to fab one up. As well some of the Canadian trucks have begun to be sold off, military surplus dealers up here have started selling whole trucks and parting them. The actual box and plates may be available this way.
Who is parting out Canadian deuces? How much are complete deuces selling for?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks