• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering boxes, pitman arms and donor truck years

DB556

Well, I'm trying to compile a bit of a list of power steering gear and pitman arms that have been used in deuce power steering swaps,
And what makes and years of donor vehicles.

The usual
HF54 (typically the HF54225 and HF54226)
Saginaw 710 and 710 metric.

For the HF54 I've seen Ford LN600-700 from 1974 to 1987? unsure if it was all engines
For the 710 I've seen Chevy/GM C60-70 dumps, and some topkicks from about 1977 to 1993?

Anybody want to chime in on known steering gear donors?

Last edited:

gentrysgarage

I have bought 2, one off ebay and one from a rebuilder. I referenced a Ross HF catalog and got the part number for the one with 4 outputs (I will be adding an assist cylinder) both were available on the Ford LN. Hope this helps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks