• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power steering bracket- where can I get one

Rich Johnson

My power steering bracket on my 1008 snapped all its mounting bolts.
I used the part number from the -34p and NOGO at napa and the local parts houses.

Where can I get this thing?

Also, nobody can match the GM number from the manual to anything either.

Last edited:

Rich Johnson

It didnt snap the bolts, the bolt hole tabs of the bracket all broke off. Hence the tabs of the bracket are still bolted to the engine and the power steering pump is just floating on the belt.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It didnt snap the bolts, the bolt hole tabs of the bracket all broke off. Hence the tabs of the bracket are still bolted to the engine and the power steering pump is just floating on the belt.

Ahhh. Makes sense now. I'd try the junkyard route also. I don't know if this is particular to the 6.2 or if it's the same on gas motors.
You could also try to have them welded back together.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What part number do you need?

Attachments

Rich Johnson

I need #5, the huge bracket over the power steering pump.

All the bolt tabs have broken off and the pump was floating on the belts for probably about a week or so.

Old mechainc, no offense, but part number 9 in the diagram in just a bent tab, $75 seems pretty darn high a price.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He said $75 shipped. If you consider shipping at $15 and the time to remove it and package it and take it to be shipped, I think thats reasonable. just my opinion.

kentuckycucv

A chevy dealership might have it. You new bracket will also break in a couple of years. I used my bracket money as an excuse to buy myself that welder i always wanted. search the forum there are l;ots of threads.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A chevy dealership might have it. You new bracket will also break in a couple of years. I used my bracket money as an excuse to buy myself that welder i always wanted. search the forum there are l;ots of threads.
The parts has been discontinued for years. The chances of finding one at a dealer is slim to none. Not saying it couldn't happen, but.....

The bracket was used on many of the 6.2L diesels. Pickups, suburbans, etc.

My 1987 Diesel Burb uses the same bracket.

With the scrapping of older vehicles, it is getting harder and harder to find these brackets.

If you ever find one for sale, grab it while you can.

To the OP. $75 for an item that is no longer made is a deal.

kentuckycucv

Warthog is right. The one i found at mt local chevy dealer had dust on it, been sitting for a long time, and it was the last one they had. When it broke again last year they didnt carry them. I got lucky with the dusty one. Thats why i bought a welder.... and $75 bucks is a deal if you are thinking you are going to go find one on a junk vehicle and pull it. Probably not worth the time and effort..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks