• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering gearbox from an m818 help wanted

rustyg

The guy I bought my m35a2 installed power steering from what he thought was an m818, I have a leak at the shaft coming out of the steering gear. I'm having trouble i.d.'ing the maker of the gearbox so I can order a seal kit.
The main body of the the gear has the nuumbers 16788 on it, does this ring
a bell to any you guys? I'm challenged at getting pics up, but I'll give it a shot
If need be.
Thanks!

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So the pump AND the steering gear is leaking? A pic would help a lot. I can't imagine a 5ton gear on a deuce. Is the box inside or outside the frame rail?

rustyg

Just the gear is leaking, it's on the outside of the frame. I'm going to try and get some pics up, wish me luck!

rustyg

Heres some pics guys, I believe it's a Saginaw, but I'm still at a loss as to finding a rebuild kit anywhere.
Thanks for the help.photo2.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto4.jpgphoto.jpg

rustyg

Update....... I e mailed powersteerinc. And got an answer this morning, the gear is a Saginaw 710IH, and they have
Rebuild kits for $75.00. Hopefully this takes care of my leak, and may be of use to some of you guys.
Thanks for the help!