• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power Steering Hydroboost

Apoc Bane

I've flushed the power steering system and followed the prodcedure for bleeding pressure out of the hyrdrobooster. However, everytime the ignition is applied the pedal goes to floor and front brakes lock. When I turn off the ignition the brakes release and the m1009 will roll etc.

Have replaced the hydrobooster.

Any advice is appreciated.

Wolf.Dose

Big red is correct, seems to be a missassembled hydrobooster. Try to look for one with less than 60000 miles. That will help you for the next time until you find a propper rebuilt one.
Wolf

CUCV85

take off put another in place

I've flushed the power steering system and followed the prodcedure for bleeding pressure out of the hyrdrobooster. However, everytime the ignition is applied the pedal goes to floor and front brakes lock. When I turn off the ignition the brakes release and the m1009 will roll etc.

Have replaced the hydrobooster.

Any advice is appreciated.
Take back off and put another in place...

Apoc Bane

Thank guys, I was thinking that was the answer but didn't want to go there yet.

It was a new/rebuilt hydrobooster before I opened it...

Then I bought the rebuild kit and replaced the seals and put it back on.
But I guess it's time to punt for a new one... ****ty

BIG_RED

Also, I've read that there is some kinda rod piece that must go between the hydrobooster and the master cylinder.. Apparently the new/rebuilt ones usually don't come with this so you have to take it off your old one. Since your brakes clearly work, I imagine you must have that piece in there already. Just thinking that if you left it out, maybe the hydrobooster over-extends and seizes in place. Just guessing here - good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks