• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering in my M-37...

Joe Gamma

Had a Snake river 4x4 power steering kit put in my M-37...aligned it and put on two new tires but wheel still seems a bit sensitve. The power steering damper I put on did not do poo..Any other ideas how to dampen it...

Thanks Guys..

Joe

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a discussion on this on the Power Wagon forum. Check out the reply by Paul in NY, he has researched this well. Basically the steering is super sensitive with the big steering wheel and now a power assist. Pressure from the pump needs to be lowered/restricted to reduce the sensitivity or you have to get used to the feel.
My truck is using the same Saginaw box but with the wider tires the sensitivity isn't as noticable. With stock ntd tires the steering would be really sensitive. I can steer my truck with one finger with 12" wide tires.

Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks