• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering kits

jimmcld

For all of those who purchased power steering kits from Vietnam Veterans of America: UPS overcharged us by sending the units via UPS Freight instead of regular UPS Ground. We are in the process of filing a claim to have the charges refunded. They have already agreed to refund 60% of the charges, but in many cases, that is still too much.

We are sorry for the inconvience but are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Jim
Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 920, Denton, Texas
940-368-7560

Thanks for the update Jim, and thanks for the phone call. You all get to know Jim called me on the phone cause I put my phone number on the note I sent with my check. (makes it easier for quick communications)

We appreciate the VVA doing this at such a great savings to us.

Like opie says no worries .. Stuff happens.

Best Regards,
Rick

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did about have a cow, but knew it wasn't VVA, so no worries. I can't say enough good stuff about Jim and VVA. Every step of the way he's been very responsive.

What do you need from us?

Thanks for taking care of us Jim.

Eco

I did have a COW, just ask the lady at UPS freight. They wanted $260.00, I told her to adjust the price or take the shipment back to Texas. She then changed the price to $103.00, and delivered the package. Standard UPS should have been $51.00.
As was said above, Jim and the boys at VVA 920 were great to deal with. I did not post anything before, because I did not want to have the guys look bad.
Hey Jim, did you say you would install this thing for a case of Lone Star?

dabtl

I don't think Jimmy and Steve are looking to install more of the kits. It took most of the day for the two of them. (I think they are getting too old, but don't spread that around.)

The most difficult part was the rubber grommets on the end of the air piston where it mounts to the spring shackles. They said it would have been much easier to put that on at the work bench and move both parts together.

They were covered with dirt and grease around 11 AM on Saturday.

jimmcld

Just got the word from UPS Freight: They are going to change all the rates to small package rates. They said that the highest one should be around $82.

Thanks for understanding. This has been quite a headache. It's nice to see all the positive replys.

Jim

TBudzo

I also appreciate the efforts of VVA. UPS wasn't willing to work with me. I'm going to pick mine up at the terminal since it's near my house, but now I don't feel so tempted to drop the box on their feet.
Thanks Again!

tjcouch

Thank you, gentlemen, for chasing this for us, and for the phone message today.

(And for the comparison of shipping, it was $360 to Tampa *gasp*)

tjcouch

Jim,
Do you have any other installation tips?
Since it seems there will be many of us installing these in the near future, perhaps a specific thread covering the process would be a good idea?

I will document the process with my camera and post it up . . . but I can't do it until April 5.

jatonka

The instructions are very good, just bolt them on. the first one I did took 4 hours. all the rest were about 3 hours, start to finish. As someone else said, the hard part is mounting the air cylinder to the plate that mounts on the ubolts on the pass side. From there it is a cake walk. JT out

tjcouch

I am getting the run-around at UPS . . . has anyone successfully received a refund of the over charge from UPS? How?

opie65

I talked to UPS FREIGHT today (1-800-333-7400, Not UPS Small Package), gave them the PRO number (Tracking #) and they brought up the invoice. It showed the freight cost, which was reduced from the original number. (It did not show the original amount - BIG FYI!!)

I then gave them the Order ID from the payment sheet, which showed that I paid the original, higher amount. Only THEN did she understand what I was talking about.

She contacted the Refund/Overpay group, who will call me back within 24 Hr., to confirm where to send a check.

Pass this on/around to whoever needs it.

saquishmike

It was $ 82.00 to Massachusetts. They said it was 90 pounds and had to be picked up at the terminal no big deal. Thanks for all the info along the way it all worked out well.

tjcouch

UPS now states that "the check is in the mail." The info Opie post was a great help, and thanks to Jim for the phone call!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPS now states that "the check is in the mail." The info Opie post was a great help, and thanks to Jim for the phone call!
That's funny! Must cost less than using their own delivery service! Or they don't trust themselves to get it there reliably!

opie65

I'm starting to think I should leave the PS off the Duece. I need the exercise, and I figure if I spend 20 min a day doing Three Point Turns with low tires, I'll be all set for Cardio and Upper Body!

Glad I could help.