• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering line part number ???

chesapeake

I have a 1986 M1028A1. I have a leak on one of my power steering lines. Under normal steering conditions it doesn't leak bad, but if you get close to the locks the fluid will come out the top of the crimp closest to the pump.

On figure 134 of the -34P TM part number 5 is what I need see below

Screen shot 2014-11-23 at 4.20.03 PM.jpg

PAOZZ
HOSE ASSEMBLY,NONME

Where is the part in here? Where is the best place to get a new line?

Thanks

Ted

Last edited:

cucvrus

I get replacement hoses from a local Auto parts store. They have never been an issue to get. I hope that helps. Don't mention anything about it being a military truck. That always gets the "Oh that's a special part answer" Tell them it is a 1984 model year. They were all built off of the 1984 blue prints. I hope that helps you. If not I have take offs in my collection of parts. They always work in a pinch. And sometimes a long pinch if it don't leak. Use it for what it is worth and waste nothing. I am a zero budget guy when it comes to repairing my herd of CUCV vehicle's.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just use the GM part number at your store. 7838941

chesapeake

Perfect Thank ya'll. I wasn't sure if it was a part that was a cucv specific part or not. I'll get it done tomorrow!!! I have zero budget as well

DG, part number 7838941 is the GM part number and not the NSN number?

I just looked online and Oreilly's has one by Gates and one by Master Pro. Which one would ya'll use?

Thanks again for everything

Ted

Last edited: