• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering problem

BigDuck

I started hearing a "shuddering" type sound coming from the driver side engine area on start up and at stop lights, I check the alt thinking maybe pulley bearing, checked out ok, then I feel the power steering pump housing and I feel the shudder, shut it off , checked the ps resivore and it was low so I went and got some Lucas , added it and today I'm still hearing the shudder and at stop lights when applying the brakes my volt meter drop to almost yellow. I'm thinking I need a new power steering pump ?

cpf240

Should check the power steering pump bracket. They are known to crack / break, which can lead to the pump bouncing around and make a racket. Perhaps also this is making the belt slip, reducing the output of the alternator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks