• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering pump cradle...

rose jackets67

Does anyone know if the PS pump cradle / bracket is the same on a CUCV as on a civy pickup? Mine was broken at one of the mounting holes and repaired poorly some time in the past and I'd like to go ahead and replace it while I have the accessories off the motor.

Does anyone have one sitting around?

kentuckycucv

Thats the first repair I needed help with and joined SS... there are plenty of threads on power steering bracket. I bought a new one from the chevy dealer for $16 bucks I think. Also you will need a power steering pulley puller...I got one at Harbor freight.... You can do it! Search the threads.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GM may have discontenued the bracket but you can still find them at the dealer.

I just Binged the part number and found Allways Chevy in Texas had one for $26.

Discounted Rare and Genuine Parts

And the part number is #14033879. An extra zero is in the above number.

Stihl029

I had to do one as well. Found stacked washers where the standoff was supposed to be which was why my belts were off alignment as well. I have stopped throwing belts on a regular basis since the replacement as well.

Subjock

Thanks WH, Dealers were a no go around around here. (SF Bay Area) Since this seems to be a problem item, I'm looking into changing over to a type 2 pump and remote reservoir & filter setup like the performance boys do. I hate having the filler cap down there anyway. I'll post my findings re: pump & bracket #s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks