• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power surge??

tigertank

every once inawhile ill get a surge the alt gauge goes from green all way to red at highest point, and if the fan is on its will blow harder. then it will just quit and go back to normal. is this a voltage issue??

donquijote

Your alternator is bad probably. Just had the exact issue and fried everything in my truck by continuing to drive it. Lights, alternator, starting box... all toast. I would check that and not drive it so you don't end up with a more expensive fix than just a alternator

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

DatGuyC

Same thing was happening to mine. I have the 60 amp alternator and just replaced the voltage regulator board in the back of the alternator and it fixed the problem.

infidel got me

I installed a 21si single wire 24v. I ordered it online/with a 2 groove 7/8 bore pulley. You will have to do a little fab work ,but nothing hard. It wont overvolt and fry your electronics. 74m35a2 sells them also-- he's a member.