• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power unit info needed

Joseph

Hello everyone new member here looking for info on my 5KW PU. The following info is from the tag on the generator housing. PU-668A/G, 5KW, 0.8PF, 18amps, 120/240, 3 PH, 4 wire, 400HZ, FSN 6115-097-8019, model 4261. This unit was made by Consolidated Diesel Electric and use's what I believe to be a Lister SR2 air cooled diesel engine. This thing has more circuit boards in it than 10 home computers. I am looking for TM manuals and parts for this unit but can not find any. Does anyone have any info they can provide me with.

Joseph

If I can get it up and running I was thinking about converting to DC and feeding a grid-tie inverter. If I can't get the electronics work out I will buy a new 6KW single phase generator head to mount to the engine. Before I do anything I would like to get as much info as I can .

Joseph

Cranetruck that is my post over at smokstak but thank you for tring to help me I appreciate it. I have found a lister-petter manual for the engine but I still need service and repair info on the gen end. As for the poster asking about pictures I wil try to get my wife to upload them when she gets home. I can fix or repair all kinds of mechanical items however I am a complete idiot when it come to computers. I mean I am doing good just to be able to turn one on HA HA.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
400 Hz powers a lot of radios that the Air Force used, which also happened to include the PRC-47. Granted, at 5 KW, this is a bit overkill to power one radio....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks