• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power window conversion ?

Jeep Nasty

I would like to put power windows in my crew cab 5 ton and was wondering if anyone has tried this or has any ideas for conversion kits that would work with our style of windows and doors.

I'm not doing this because I'm lazy or for the cool factor. I'm doing this because my children in the rear of the cab are to young to manipulate manual windows and it is not safe for me to be trying to reach back there and do it without pulling over. So when it started raining the other day, I have to find a place to safely pull over while my kids are crying about the rain soaking them.

I don't think I even want controls on the rear door, I just want to be able to manipulate from the drivers seat.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some Peterbilt trucks have a air operated actuator that works pretty slick and you probably could make it work.

There are also motors available that will fit right on where the hand crank goes. I've seen these on a lot of big civilian trucks also. This route would probably be the simplest way, most found will probably be 12v though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks