• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power X Doors - Which are the best?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased these and am waiting for Summer to install.

Seller seems OK. I have no affiliation with the seller.

Electric locks and windows.

I'm told they need to be trimmed to fit.

I'm told posting links to E-bay auctions is now OK, so please don't penalize me points Doghead like you did in the past. ;)

Last edited:

Gamble

Those look very nice. Do you know anyone who has a set installed? What are there thoughts on the doors?
Also, I see you're in Brooklyn. I have never seen a HMMWV pushed through the streets of Brooklyn. That must be something to see.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Real ones also don't have power anything.
True, but mine lives in Brooklyn, NY, and not on a "real" military base.

Replica doors are just fine for me. Locked doors are safer, and electric windows make life just a little easier. They also rattle less. ;)

EDIT - I didn't mean to sound snarky towards 86humv.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gamble, here's the rub...

You asked about "power" [which means electric] doors. AFAIK, unless perhaps POTUS has a special one for himself, there are no "true" power X-doors. Power X-doors would not be EMP proof.

Real X-Doors are sturdy enough, but they rattle, leak water like a sieve, and are not electric. They have no locks and provide no security. They are meant to stand up to warzones, be dropped from helicopters, and open and close. No frills. A good set will run 5K, and they are getting harder to find according to some posts on this forum.

There are Aluminum doors on the market with RV sliding windows I hate them. I think eventually the windows will leak, and the doors will show corrosion and will shows dents. There are 2 flavors I am aware of, one type is full length and one type can be split to allow half door use. Aluminum is a b!tch to bodywork, so dents won't easily be repaired and eventually you will want to paint the doors. They look fake and those RV windows just turn me off, (although others might feel differently). They are at least 3K.

H1 steel doors can be adapted to fit, but they are 12 Volt, won't look like X-doors, will rust and dent, and cost over 5K.

I got my doors aftermarket doors because they will be good enough for my purposes, but I have no illusions about which would be better in the zombie apocalypse. The doors are fiberglass, and that is easy enough to fix and repaint. My doors came with 24-12 Volt inverters, and look close enough to X-doors that they are passable. They were 4.5K.

There are, I'm sure, other sellers and such. Quality will vary. I chose my doors as they are manufactured by a guy who specializes in military vehicle sales. These doors will NOT be as robust as original X-doors and neither are they supposed to be. They look good enough to fool the casual passer by.

I will keep and restore my real X-doors for when I rent the vehicle out for picture sets and movies.

I will use the aftermarket-fake-imitation- non-military, ersatz, clone doors when I drive around town and need to open windows on hot days and lock doors to prevent theft.

You need to be realistic about what you want, what you need, what you can get, and what these vehicles really are.

If you want a civilian H1, sell what you got and get a civilian H1. Replica doors will not be military grade.

I don't mean to come off as cynical my friend. "Sturdy"and "aftermarket" for a FMV really don't belong in the same sentence.

Best,

T

Last edited:

Gamble

Gamble, here's the rub...

You asked about "power" [which means electric] doors. AFAIK, unless perhaps POTUS has a special one for himself, there are no "true" power X-doors. Power X-doors would not be EMP proof.

Real X-Doors are sturdy enough, but they rattle, leak water like a sieve, and are not electric. They have no locks and provide no security. They are meant to stand up to warzones, be dropped from helicopters, and open and close. No frills. A good set will run 5K, and they are getting harder to find according to some posts on this forum.

There are Aluminum doors on the market with RV sliding windows I hate them. I think eventually the windows will leak, and the doors will show corrosion and will shows dents. There are 2 flavors I am aware of, one type is full length and one type can be split to allow half door use. Aluminum is a b!tch to bodywork, so dents won't easily be repaired and eventually you will want to paint the doors. They look fake and those RV windows just turn me off, (although others might feel differently). They are at least 3K.

H1 steel doors can be adapted to fit, but they are 12 Volt, won't look like X-doors, will rust and dent, and cost over 5K.

I got my doors aftermarket doors because they will be good enough for my purposes, but I have no illusions about which would be better in the zombie apocalypse. The doors are fiberglass, and that is easy enough to fix and repaint. My doors came with 24-12 Volt inverters, and look close enough to X-doors that they are passable. They were 4.5K.

There are, I'm sure, other sellers and such. Quality will vary. I chose my doors as they are manufactured by a guy who specializes in military vehicle sales. These doors will NOT be as robust as original X-doors and neither are they supposed to be. They look good enough to fool the casual passer by.

I will keep and restore my real X-doors for when I rent the vehicle out for picture sets and movies.

I will use the aftermarket-fake-imitation- non-military, ersatz, clone doors when I drive around town and need to open windows on hot days and lock doors to prevent theft.

You need to be realistic about what you want, what you need, what you can get, and what these vehicles really are.

If you want a civilian H1, sell what you got and get a civilian H1. Replica doors will not be military grade.

I don't mean to come off as cynical my friend. "Sturdy"and "aftermarket" for a FMV really don't belong in the same sentence.

Best,

T
I notice the same theme that you are trying to bring to my attention:

"You need to be realistic about what you want, what you need, what you can get, and what these vehicles really are.
If you want a civilian H1, sell what you got and get a civilian H1. Replica doors will not be military grade."

Here's the thing... H1 Alphas, in solid condition, are hard to find and near 100k. I can buy a decent HMMWV and build it the way I want to for 30 percent of that, less if I get lucky. For another 20k I can drop a duramax in it and have a better truck than the H1 in my opinion and its the way I WANT it, tailored for me.

This is the most economic approach to getting what I want out of what I think is the coolest truck out there. I understand if it isnt your cup of tea, but I want you to know that I really do appreciate all of your feedback and level setting. :)

CarolinaFlyer

I guess you got the paperwork figured out or your still going to have a very expensive piece of yard art or a desert truck you will need to trailer to the desert.
Yes! I figured it out...but the story would get someone killed if I told it....honestly in SC it really would cause someone to discharge a gun...probably a VET so we will just leave that alone. ;-)

Does anyone know the # part kits or where I might get a decent line up on parts diagram for the one of the military X doors?

I am pulling the "FREE" doors off the M998 after getting it registered and putting on armored doors (not related to the DMV story).

I picked up a left passenger door for $900.00 and as earlier described-its cool-but I still have figured out how to raise/lower the darn window. ;-) Looking for driver side X door if anyone has a line up on one for ~$900 delivered to SC.

McSpeed

I purchased these and am waiting for Summer to install.

Seller seems OK. I have no affiliation with the seller.

Electric locks and windows.

I'm told they need to be trimmed to fit.

I'm told posting links to E-bay auctions is now OK, so please don't penalize me points Doghead like you did in the past. ;)
That link is dead - did you ever get those installed? is there a thread on it somewhere? I got the MME doors on this weekend as you saw in taht other thread (I probably should start a clean one since I put it in "make your own doors" thread) - but...power windows seem simple enough since they are straight line. There are many available types and styles. My dogs love the face out the back window down the road - but when it is -5 out I like to roll them up when we are going faster - easy in the Silverado- but no way to get there and do it on the fly from the driver seat with the manual up/downs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks