• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

powerr steering fluid question

maxxplanck

Ok , today I have a new power steering pump going in with new belts. After doing some searching and reading Im still not sure of what to use for power steering fluid on my M923A1 (OE/HDO 10 ) any ideas ?? Should I use A 10 wt oil ( what kind ? ) or should I use
Just plan hydraulic fluid ( witch brand ? ) ? Thanks Guys

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ok , today I have a new power steering pump going in with new belts. After doing some searching and reading Im still not sure of what to use for power steering fluid on my M923A1 (OE/HDO 10 ) any ideas ?? Should I use A 10 wt oil ( what kind ? ) or should I use
Just plan hydraulic fluid ( witch brand ? ) ? Thanks Guys
ANY good hyd oil, it is 10 wt with anti form/ corrosion additives

The reason the military calls for eo/hdo10wt instead of HYD. OIL it is one less thing to supply

Last edited:

maxxplanck

Well I went to the " Tractor Supply " and picked up some of this hydraulic fluid ...I hope its the right stuff ?

The Mystik® PL AW Hydraulic Oil ISO 68 is an excellent anti-wear protection with rust, oxidation, and foam inhibitors in high quality, fully refined base stocks with good oxidation stability.:?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well I went to the " Tractor Supply " and picked up some of this hydraulic fluid ...I hope its the right stuff ?

The Mystik® PL AW Hydraulic Oil ISO 68 is an excellent anti-wear protection with rust, oxidation, and foam inhibitors in high quality, fully refined base stocks with good oxidation stability.:?
that is perfect

ntxcop

Thanks guys,

I've searched SS multiple times looking for this information and for some reason, never found this thread until now. I read the TMs and saw OE HDO 10, but never knew exactly what brand or what it exactly was.

I do have one question, can the Mystik® PL AW Hydraulic Oil ISO 68 be added to what was in the power steering reservoir of my M923 when I purchased it from GL? Or should I drain what's in the reservoir and start from new?

Thanks again!
Keith

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks