• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

powerstroke in a Deuce

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are forgetting all of the electronics involved with a powerstroke. That is a LOT of wiring. The 7.3 idi is another story, all manual injection.

Rick

Jakob

I have thought about going with a 7.3 IDI, a friend of mine has one in his Ford F350. While not as great as a Cummins would be, I could probably get the entire engine and transmission for 1/3 of the cost.

spicergear

Would it fit? Heck yes. Cripes...the 1160/3208 CAT I have in my crane truck is bigger than the 7.3 like a Big Block Chevy compared to a Small Block Chevy. AND you'll have PLENTY of room to move the radiator back and slap in an intercooler if you would like too. That's a super huge bonus of having a V engine opposed to an inline. Expect the steering column to still be close though.