• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PP-26A/U generator advice needed

jdknech

I picked this generator up from a family friend, it has a rod through the block, but was working when it "released itself" so I decided to replace the engine (has a jeep motor in it) only problem is, I can't seem to remove the generator head from the engine..

Has anyone done this before? Is there a trick I'm missing? I removed all the bolts from the bell housing.. Here is a couple pics of what I'm working with.. (Please ignore the mess around it)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391390230.351819.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391390298.112571.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391390337.426269.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391390355.525944.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391390388.652172.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you disconnected the armature from the flywheel? Glad to see I'm not the only person with a giant mess in the shop.

jdknech

I have not.. I was hoping it was splined, or "slip together" I do not see anywhere to get to the flywheel to disconnect it.. theres no access covers that i can find?
and yes.. I hate having a messy shop, but that is actually my basement.. I need a MAJOR clean up.. only problem is- I would never find anything again!! lol

Does anyone have a manual/TM for this gen-set?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks