• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PPG pain: price on Concept

teletech

That is AwlGrip pricing. Where are you shopping? What PPG paint? I'm buying International 990 for less than $100 a gallon.
PPG "Concept" is an old but premium line of single-stage urethane. I like it a lot for places where the basecoat-clearcoat look isn't appropriate.
I called three different dealers. One did say I could get Omni for like 1/4 that cost, but then I'm spraying Omni. :-(
Thing is, I've got a lot of gallons of Concept, but not always everything I need to mix up the color I want, so if $250 of toner gets me a couple gallons of color, then it's still interesting.

87cr250r

There has been a global shortage of isocyanates which are a precursor for polyurethane. Maybe the price will come down in time. I have been having trouble getting polyurea greases, too.

There is a newer generation of polysiloxane paints that are 1 part and sunlight tolerant if you can't find your Concept paint. PPG sells it under PSX 700. Perhaps they are phasing out Concept for the PSX.

Last edited: