• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prc 68b, 126, 128

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the difference between the PRC 68B, 126 128? I know all of the radios cover 30-80 MHz. I also know the 68B covers 2 meters but does the 126 and 128?

m38inmaine

I'm not sure the 68B would cover 2m, the one I had was 6M. The other radio's were capable of different bands depending on which band module was installed in the radio, either 2m or 6m, not sure if they made a UHF module or not. Check out prc68.com for more info.

papakb

The PRC-68Bs are FM tactical radios operating on the 30-88Mhz band. The PRC-126 and 128 are the same basic radio but the PRC-128 has a changeable sythesizer module allowing it to operate either in the 30-88 Mhz band or in the 130-174Mhz band but not both at the same time. The PRC-126 doesn't have the capability to change the module so does not have the capability to operate in the high band.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

milradioman

The PRC-68B can operate on 30-88 MHz or 130-174 MHz depending on which RF module is installed in the radio, I have both modules and the VHF-HI module will program and work on the 2M ham band.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks