• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pre-Lube Options

gary1978

I'm planning on installing a pre and post luber in an M35A2 turbo model. I have seen a variety of units for sale on the net and would like some feedback on which models are thought to work better than others. Anyone out there have any opinions on which ones might be better than others?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
seriously? I dunno. The non-prelubed engine becomes notceably less loud once the oil is up. I prefer to prelube. Additionally, a good kit or build will post-lube, and that is a blessing not to have to wait around cooling down when pulling into the Cracker Barrel for breakfast. There's always a line and the sooner to get into it the better. Just make sure your hoses are tight.
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/travel/steelsoldiers4/20080923_1300_rest_stop_oil_leak/index.html

bottleworks

tatra813 said:
Save yourself the headache and just use synthetic oil and call it good.
Do you have a Deuce? Do you understand the LDT oiling system? You might want to reconsider handing out that advice.

{Edit in below... I'm little blunt at times..}

A stock LDT engine takes 12-15 seconds to build any oil pressure. Synthetic oil alone will not stop excessive engine bearing and turbo wear. Synthetic oil isn't magic.

OPCOM, sorry to hear about your hose failure.