• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pre & Post Pyro Placement

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westach will make you gauges in any combination or graduations. The split manifold with dual probes and gauges would actually be good for tuning and diagnosing injector troubles. I would be interested in hearing what Hewett would say about having a switch to read 2 different probes with one gauge.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
A dual EGT gauge like the one Armada posted could do double duty. By adding a third probe hole, capped when not in use, it could monitor pre-T/post-T EGT's or the front 3 cylinders/back 3 cylinders simply by moving the probe. JimK

Armada

By adding a third probe hole, capped when not in use, it could monitor pre-T/post-T EGT's or the front 3 cylinders/back 3 cylinders simply by moving the probe. JimK
Good idea. That would end the great debate on what the difference in temp is between pre and post turbo.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
the great debate
The Banks article states
At part throttle, under light load, such as cruise conditions, the turbine outlet EGT may be as much as 500º F. lower than the turbine inlet temperature.
I had always thought 200-250*F was the norm, so I was surprised it could be this high, and from a reputable source. Still, I don't worry [about excessive EGT at part throttle] because at part throttle I always see an immediate and fast drop from peak EGT's, as soon as WOT is reduced. JimK

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I always heard 200-300 degrees as well. Banks must have been using the turbo from my MB 300SD on a 7.3L Powerstroke to get those numbers :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks