• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

I figured since my 109 did not have cab ac your twitching needlessly - I did that in Dinger65's 109 cab and I will never do that again. I'll get ya some pics of the interior of your future camper mobile 6 wheeler. If Tigger was asking I'd tell em to wait till its in the yard - seeing how you have them pink handcuffs I'd better jump to it.

zout

I am getting two more seals today and using CR seals this time.
The shaft cannot be speedi sleeved because the shaft is not a rotaional shaft - it engages and disengages the PTO itself. Meaning when you shift in the PTO this shaft has to slide into another housing - and the speedi sleeve has a rear collar on it - this would not allow the shaft to engage or disengage properly - it would bump into the inner housing if installed - so I will have to attack the shaft itself.

Will get that PTO driveshaft done tonight and installed - seals will be here today as well and work on the system.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Heck, if all else fails we can just remove the PTO box and put the plate back on. I don't plan on winching anything anytime soon!!:beer:

Last edited:

o1951

I am getting two more seals today and using CR seals this time.
What are CR seals? I would check seal first- lube shaft and slide seal on a little before installing it. It should wipe the oil off the shaft as you slide it. If not snug with slight tension - you know it will leak, don't bother installing it - get your $ back and try plan z-66.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are CR seals? I would check seal first- lube shaft and slide seal on a little before installing it. It should wipe the oil off the shaft as you slide it. If not snug with slight tension - you know it will leak, don't bother installing it - get your $ back and try plan z-66.
Crown Royal

zout

Chicago Rawhide (SKF)
For prospertiry sake - original seal was a National 470027
CR seal which is also a douple lipped seal is 7513 - if you wanted so speedi sleeve it just cause you think you can do it is a part #CR99076.
These are for the shifter shaft - NOT the PTO output shaft seal.

01951 - yup - exactly how I did it. Plan Z would have been giving it a "timeout" then proceeding with the torch.

I have the seals in my paws and will be back on mission tonight.

o1951

I don't know about you guys, but I am REALLY enjoying this thread. Someone else is doing all the hard work and figuring out the problems, while I sit here and read:beer:. Great work, Zout.[thumbzup][thumbzup]

zout

01951 - I take BEER DONATIONS AS WELL while ya all sit back and enjoy the fun.
It is fun to me - and when stuff like this seal crap rears its ugly head it just makes it more interesting - give me all ya got cause I can take it attitude.

Here is your proof - seal is done and not leaking - BUT (now what made you think there was a BUT in here) the front shifter seal is now leaking (remember I bought 2 of them).
I can do the front seal as fast as I can without draining the lube from the trans again (would make it 3rd time) and I believe my garage floor is rust resistant at this time under the WC under the trans area. This lube I am using is some nasty crap - it just not want to come off you which is outstanding for the adhesion onto the gears and reducing wear.

Got the new yoke on the pto shaft - do not want this in my way before I get that seal replaced on the front.

AMANDA - here are pics of your future truck - notice the AC controls (NOT) those are heater controls. Tigger will have a nice seat to ride from in the passenger seat while you drive HUH
:naner:Photo2129.jpgPhoto2130.jpgPhoto2131.jpgPhoto2132.jpgPhoto2133.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I just knew you could do it Brother!!!:beer:

I think The Commander has the same mindset I do. The best way to get him to do something is to tell him it's impossible!!:naner:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I don't know about you guys, but I am REALLY enjoying this thread. Someone else is doing all the hard work and figuring out the problems, while I sit here and read:beer:. Great work, Zout.[thumbzup][thumbzup]
See...that's one of the strongest points of Steelsoldiers. Somebody knows how to do something and shows everybody else how he/she does it!:beer:

TiggersGF

01951 - I take BEER DONATIONS AS WELL while ya all sit back and enjoy the fun.
It is fun to me - and when stuff like this seal crap rears its ugly head it just makes it more interesting - give me all ya got cause I can take it attitude.

Here is your proof - seal is done and not leaking - BUT (now what made you think there was a BUT in here) the front shifter seal is now leaking (remember I bought 2 of them).
I can do the front seal as fast as I can without draining the lube from the trans again (would make it 3rd time) and I believe my garage floor is rust resistant at this time under the WC under the trans area. This lube I am using is some nasty crap - it just not want to come off you which is outstanding for the adhesion onto the gears and reducing wear.

Got the new yoke on the pto shaft - do not want this in my way before I get that seal replaced on the front.

AMANDA - here are pics of your future truck - notice the AC controls (NOT) those are heater controls. Tigger will have a nice seat to ride from in the passenger seat while you drive HUH
:naner:View attachment 433534View attachment 433535View attachment 433536View attachment 433537View attachment 433538
Thank you Dave!

zout

Anytime young lady.

I keep telling PB I rate how long it takes in BEER - so there are no pics of the WC which we just found out about an hour ago the upholstery is done and ready to ship from New Life Canvas TODAY - whoooo hoooooo - no more sitting on a 5 gallon bucket.

SO pics are better than words and I have crushed the first fill of the canister to hold the beer cans - this is the second fill plus a few extra pull offs from a couple previous jobs - wanna know how long it takes me - count how many beers I can sip doing it.
Now tell me this is not funny
Photo2134.jpgPhoto2135.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks