• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

Starter foot switch repaired - spare rim wire brushed down - rust coated - painted - there is no lock ring for this one and need a tube - stuck it on for asthetics.

The cowl decal is that of the 45th infantry after changing from the Indian swaztica once it was figured out the SS used this as it was too alike - thus the Thunderbird was then put into service.
Awesome dash plates - plus a BIG SURPRISE for PB tonight. Just for you Bro.
Photo2191.jpgPhoto2192.jpgPhoto2193.jpgPhoto2194.jpgPhoto2195.jpgPhoto2196.jpgPhoto2197.jpgPhoto2198.jpgPhoto2199.jpgPhoto2200.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It just keeps getting better and better with each post. If you were younger, you could do this for a living? :-D Those data plates really pop out of the dash and the insignia is awesome. I think PB will probably keep it. Did David do all the markings?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It just keeps getting better and better with each post. If you were younger, you could do this for a living? :-D Those data plates really pop out of the dash and the insignia is awesome. I think PB will probably keep it. Did David do all the markings?
Keep her my ass!! You folks are looking at what I will be buried in!!

goldneagle

Don't worry about PB getting out of the seat. He has some heavy duty wreckers on call that can lift him out of the seats with one phone call! I do suggest he ware a safety lanyard for easy extraction. :naner:

zout

My son did the graphics - packed up his machine and sat everything up in the house. Earlier that morning he picked up the vinyl I had special ordered in (color-thickness-adhesion) and we got done just about the time I posted the pics last night.
Knowingmorality Graphics 678-860-7593***678-282-7596 if you wish to contact them for work - tell em you want the SS discount. I think Deb got the worse of the deal - she had to maintain the 4 squirrels again while we played - she sure liked that machine and was watching him do his thing like a hawk.

PB's WC is on facebook as well at this time and headed throughout the world (I have no idea what facebook is - but its there).

01951 - I have them little things just to touch up after I get it all wiped down for its showtime pictures and video's later this afternoon.
I have a document in the glovebox I located - he can decide from their its bumper markings then contact their shop to get them made.
I've had the WC for soooooo long I brought the 5 gallon fuel can with me so I can freshen up his fuel - its probably old and rotten just like me from sitting around sooo long.

zout

So after PB and CAMO has their morning Sat breakfast I get a call - he has a Mutiny at CAMO on his hands - everyone wants to head up and see the WC first hand - so it is only minutes now before they come - I drive the WC in the front yard for that awe and shock effect - you get to see it before they do.Photo2207.jpgPhoto2208.jpgPhoto2209.jpgPhoto2210.jpgPhoto2211.jpgPhoto2212.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should have expected that one coming!!!!! I will be waiting for photos showing the awe struck faces when they see it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
From left to right...Marvin, Tony, PB and Doc....What a motley crew!!

OK...it was not my fault the mission got pushed up...it was Doc's!!:D
He did a pretty hairy surgery yesterday and expected to be on call for complications. Well all went very well yesterday and the patient was responding much better than expected.
SO...when Doc walked thru the diner door this morning with a big smile on his face he said "Call Dave...see if we can pick the truck up"!!!

Of course I fought a hard battle but those three rascals wore me down:roll:...so I made the call.:grd:

Hooked up the trailer everyone (+BB) climbed into the F350 and headed North about 140 miles. Stopped at KFC close to Zout's AO to pickup lunch for everyone and arrived to see the WC-22 sitting out front.

It was a good day talking with our buddy Zout and looking thru the "build book" Deb is making...holy smokes is it nice!!

Made an uneventful trip home and drove the entire rig into the truck shop til Monday since all the wives were calling asking why we were so late...evidently we neglected to call them and tell them about the mission!!:-(

Anyhoo...the truck is home and she is the dream I always wanted her to be!!

Here's to my Brother Zout for making one of my dreams come true!:beer:

beanman1

I just want to say dang that looks Good! I also Want to thank Zout and PB for letting Me and David (Zouts son) do the lettering on the WC. The Facebook page that Zout mentioned above is Facebook.com/Knowmoralitygraphix. (hopefully i wont get into trouble for that)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I just want to say dang that looks Good! I also Want to thank Zout and PB for letting Me and David (Zouts son) do the lettering on the WC. The Facebook page that Zout mentioned above is Facebook.com/Knowmoralitygraphix. (hopefully i wont get into trouble for that)
You guyz done good....expect more work from me...and others prolly!!....Hey wait...ain't you the son of another respected SS member??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks