• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is ALWAYS somebody that has to NIT PICK, when they can do 1/2 as good job as the COMMANDER, they just might be able to say something, until then they just need to sit back and enjoy the build. EVERYBODY should have seen the WCs starting point, what has been accomplished so far is so far ABOVE what anybody even thought possible and the build is not even finished.

zout

Amazes me how some folks just rip pics apart for the little stuff - my door is always open so you can teach me and learn work habits besides endurance. Just bring your big boy diapers.

Seeing as I mention that - look at the pic with the steps when I first laid them on - did ya not notice anything seeing as we're checking items in pics ????

THEY ARE ON BACKWARDS on both sides = no one saw it or knew better I guess.
I did that because I did not want to mount the fenders till I have the weather strip and I did not want to pick them up off the floor more than once - I did that so the rear section of the fender could sit on the extended part of the steps while I worked on them.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Amazes me how some folks just rip pics apart for the little stuff - my door is always open so you can teach me and learn work habits besides endurance. Just bring your big boy diapers.
Seeing as I mention that - look at the pic with the steps when I first laid them on - did ya not notice anything seeing as we're checking items in pics ????

THEY ARE ON BACKWARDS on both sides = no one saw it or knew better I guess.
I did that because I did not want to mount the fenders till I have the weather strip and I did not want to pick them up off the floor more than once - I did that so the rear section of the fender could sit on the extended part of the steps while I worked on them.
Sure...right... How could you put both steps on backwards without turning the truck around...which you obviously didn't! You must think I'm as dumb as I look!!:confused::papabear:

zout

Headlight buckets ripped - mutilated and double coated with rust preventative. The wiring was viciously mutilated and after talking with John up at Midwest these harness's are not available and only come with a main harness afterstock.
Then only a rubber grommet is placed where the Military Connector would have been and wired then in directly. Both headlight bulbs were fubared so I left them out on re-assembly anyhow - they look like NOS pieces now and will be easy to access for wiring and bulb installation at a later date.

I will not get into the condition of the windshield frame itself - but I hammered on this a bit today - the top section is done - more to do on the lower tomorrow night and try to get a glass in it by weekend and installed.

PTO - took me a while to play with this today - come to find out there is a spacer plate missing that has to be at least 1/2 thick that goes there besides one of two thickness shims. Normal play on the pto is .10 ths but I got the pto up and started bolting in to finally go back and pick up the TM on it and came to the same conclusion - spacer missing.

Get started on the box while I wait for parts shipments to start hitting the door.
Photo1817.jpgPhoto1818.jpgPhoto1819.jpgPhoto1820.jpgPhoto1822.jpgPhoto1823.jpgPhoto1824.jpgPhoto1825.jpgPhoto1826.jpgPhoto1827.jpg

zout

Its funny ya mention that - I could not find any of my lead paddles but I have my flux and lead - all the other tools are MIA - but that was exactly what I had planned for this as it would have been a breeze - glad someone is watching by back out in KS.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
BTW PB - your tailgate damage is repaired.
Thank you Sir!! You just wait til I find out who backed that truck into a tree!!:oops:

For the PTO spacer call John, it should have been included (I guess), if not we need to buy one or have one made, whatever it takes.

Did I mention I'm getting WC withdrawal symptons?? That rascal is looking GOOD!!!:beer:
:papabear:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
See ya next Monday then PB - I need all the help I can get. Magic wand is on recharge.
I'm gonna try my best to get up there Monday Zout but you saw how this PAST weekend worked out...LOL

Oh, and leave that magic wand on recharge as long as needed, this is NOT a "timed event"!!:beer:

zout

I know exactly what your saying - my phone goes off all day on my day off w/breakdown calls for authorization.

If it were a timed event I would be a looser - I just get on a roll and stay that same speed till Zout2 comes home or the squirrels arrive and I lock up and head to the house.

That spacer is becoming an issue - going to grab the micrometer out tonight - square up the facings on both the PTO and Trans main box and get a reading - Neighbor works at a tool an die shop so I may get some owed money out of him after all - lots more to do besides this while I figure it out.

Dig the box out tonight and start pounding on it - see what the end of night brings.

Lots of parts on the way South from Midwest - looks like I can keep on the battle field after all.

zout

Opps - the fenders off the box accidentally fell off -
Got the framework pulled out before blasting and make sure it was square with the frame - opened the bolt package and used the OEM hardware.

Got the outside of the box blasted minus the fenders - major work blasting to the interior of the box ahead.

One of my vendors had the PTO spacers along with gaskets and shims - pic of them when I got them today and after cleaned up - I never did get to measuring the gap to finish the install - my pea brain went to sand blasting mode.
Photo1831.jpgPhoto1832.jpgPhoto1833.jpgPhoto1834.jpgPhoto1835.jpgPhoto1836.jpgPhoto1837.jpgPhoto1838.jpgPhoto1839.jpg

OH yeah - I found the STAR on the very first top coat of paint both sides rear of box along with a DATA plate on the left front corner of the box on the upright - VERY COOL discovery

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG is that sunshine I see in the pictures? Zout did you move your shop to another city where it does not rain for 40 day and 40 nights?

Great pictures, the fenders need some love.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I love the stars!! I just wonder what stories that lil truck could tell??

I gotta tell ya, I'm gettin as nervous as a ho' in church!!:naner::jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks