• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Premium membership and ads

rickf

I have a premium membership but in the last couple days all I see are ads, ads, ads. I thought with the premium membership you did not see the ads? Ads are not all that bad when they are not intrusive but when I open a forum I do not even see the forum, the entire top section is ads!!!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that way for me......possibly a "setting" or something??? I am NOT an IT guy so can offer no advice.....just letting ya know it isn't happening to everyone...

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what I see with the browser zoomed out

adds on steelsoldier.jpg

When you zoom in with the browser, you have only a small band of a few adds, then the bar with forum options, then some internal remarks, then two big adds, then starts the rest.

To be honest, I don't even notice these adds anymore. As soon as I open the forum, I either go to my new notifications right top, or on the top bar click on what's new. Then it jumps there.

rickf

I don't know about zooming in, I have never changed anything and I never had this before. This is why I went to paying for the premium membership, to NOT have this. When I open a forum all I see are the ads on top, that is it, I have to scroll down to see whatever I selected.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zoom function: quite easy: ctrl + and your browser zooms in so you can read what's there, ctrl - and you zoom out and can see the entire page at once.

rickf

Well here is what it tells me. I believe this means I am paid up till next year? Whom do I contact to find out what is going on?
PURCHASED UPGRADES
  • Premium User - 2 years$30.00 for 24 months
    Expires: Dec 31, 2022

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well here is what it tells me. I believe this means I am paid up till next year? Whom do I contact to find out what is going on?
PURCHASED UPGRADES
  • Premium User - 2 years$30.00 for 24 months
    Expires: Dec 31, 2022
Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? The eastern and colony tire ads will remain even as paid membership, they're site sponsors. The ads that are removed are the googleads banners.

rickf

Ok, The Eastern and Colony ads are what I am seeing but I never had that before. And to have to scroll down a substantial amount just to get to the content is a pain. Sending a screenshot of what I see when I open a page. This is at 100% view, no zoom. I am an old guy so I am not going to have it zoomed out and then not be able to read the print.SS  Screenshor.png

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm I see some things to clean up. There were several break returns in the html between the banners. I've removed that now so they all tuck nicely together now.
Respectfully, it might need a bit more "tweaking". I see all these ads now:
Screenshot_20211030-084905_Chrome.jpg

rickf

I also see the sponsor ads but they are tighter together. It is strange I never got them before a few weeks ago. Guess it is something I will learn to live with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks