• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preparation for driving

steelandcanvas

Distance of travel makes a difference on what I carry. A Mechanic's bag of hand tools, geared lug wrench, tow bar, a jug of oil, a jug of coolant, some DOT 5 and tow chains remain on the truck at all times. For anything further than 50-60 miles, I would throw in a complete filter change, gear oil, miscellaneous hardware, a length of wire, some connectors and a headlight. A first aid kit and a fire extinguisher should be mandatory items to have on board.

dmetalmiki

As we travel in convoy usually, we load all the hand tools, socket sets. Air impact (huge) for wheel nuts. Extended air lines with palm adapter. Filters (set/fuel). Bulbs/set. In tank fuel pump. electricians set. Jump leads with universal fittings. "A" bar with adapters AND chains. Brake fluid. (dot4!). Fan belts & pulley spanner. Dark chocolate bars. Coffee in flask.Probabkly other odds and sods I can't remember. Just remember, If you take it and don't use it=ok, but if you don't take it you Can't use it.

dmetalmiki

Apart from the "A" bar.(even then why not). Everything else will fit in and around your truck with careful stowage, And then you can travel in confidence. And peace of mind. (unless a very major incidenct occurs). Enjoy your truck.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I look at it as anything can go wrong and it's not a car so pushing it and towing are not easily happening, I try and carry enough tools to make most roadside repairs. I would strongly suggest reading the tm's and doing all the maintenance before any major driving !

dmetalmiki

I look at it as anything can go wrong and it's not a car so pushing it and towing are not easily happening, I try and carry enough tools to make most roadside repairs. I would strongly suggest reading the tm's and doing all the maintenance before any major driving !
AGH!. I should have added that comment. Very pertinent and very true.