• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pressure bleeder

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know these are out there for sale, however, i am a do-it-yourself kind of guy. I was at a friend of mine who has about 20-30 M/V's and his shop manager and I were discussing pressure bleeding versus vacuum bleeding. We both prefer pressure to vacuum.

I statered thinking about the comp bottles we use offshore, and I put this together. Total time invested: 30 minutes brainstorming, 30 minutes for the parts run and 5 minutes assembly time.

Total cost: $25.00

Take the master cylinder cap, remove the plug from the center (or better yet, get an extra cap you may have laying around, that way just keep the assembly together), screw the 90 degree turn on, connect the male QD and screw on to your master cylinder.

Remove the threaded cap from the end of the sprayer, screw on the connector for the hose.

Now you can fill your sprayer with brake fluid, pressure it up and bleed your brakes without a second person to press the brakes.

As your bottle continually fills your resivoir as you're bleeding the system, you don't have to keep crawing out and filling it.

Supplies:
(1) 5 gallon spray bottle
(1) 90 degree connector
(1) female quick disconnect coupler(I used air line and QD's)
(1) Male quick disconnect coupler
(1) 6' section 3/8 air hose

If you wish to have constatnt pressure, you can remove the spring valve on the bottle and replace it with a ball valve.

Attachments

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I said, I know they are for sale out there, but I like to do things myself and I also saved time and $17.00 plus shipping.....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too built one of Kenny's version's...it worked so well that the pump has now been sitting for several years unused...maybe we should be passing them around. :)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time being the thing I have the least amount of I decided to get a power bleeder from Motive (SKU 0080).

I either tore a front line (running over small trees) or lost a front wheel cylinder but either way I wondered how I was going to fix it by myself.

Once again the guys on this site come through for the rest of us. Thx to all.

steve

dabtl

I like the way that everyone has been thinking about this problem. Some, such as myself, simply decided the quick and simple way was to buy the Motive. Others, probably independently, came up with the same solution and took the time to build it.

We all, obviously, have way too much time on our hands.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks