• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pressure gauge port or????

rolling18

After searching, unable to find info, probably not using the "correct" part names/ terms anyway..

on the drivers side of the motor toward the rear, there are 2 smaller filter hOusing looking things (not the 2 oil filters)
I dont know if these are for oil or fuel?

Anyway, there is a small port in the top with a screw plug in it. Would this be a place to install a pressure gauge? if so, what would be the range?
thanks!!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel filters. Try the -10 Technical Manual (TM). It is good to read the operator level TM at least.

fuel filter.jpg

Last edited:

rolling18

ok cool thanks, what i am referring to is the screw port on center top "rail" that connects the two... can a pressure gauge be installed there?

rolling18

thank you! mine still has all the paint and no tool marks on the screw!!! wonder if i could substitute a gauge there.. hmmm[thumbzup]

Last edited:

rolling18

true, I have only changed the ones under the truck pass. side.. I do filter my WMO to 5 microns tho.. no loss of power so far? hmmm i do have replacements ready to go!

Jeepsinker

It is a good idea to change them, especially seeing that you never have AND that you run WMO. All I run is diesel and I still change mine regularly. There is a good chance you will see an increase in power that you wouldn't even know you were missing once you change the filters.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After searching, unable to find info, probably not using the "correct" part names/ terms anyway..

on the drivers side of the motor toward the rear, there are 2 smaller filter hOusing looking things (not the 2 oil filters)
I dont know if these are for oil or fuel?

Anyway, there is a small port in the top with a screw plug in it. Would this be a place to install a pressure gauge? if so, what would be the range?
thanks!!
Yes you can check pressures there. you should be seeing 4lbs. with just the intank running with motor running 30 at idle 60 at high idle. filters are primary napa 3511 secondary 3512 and final #33540

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you ever(or do you regularly) check your brake fluid?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget to check the engine oil! My truck is fairly good, but I know my truck inside and out and could almost tell you where the fluid levels are in every part of the truck right now. Doghead isn't trying to beat up on you, just want to make sure everybody stays safe out there. Keep on truckin' on! :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks