• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pressure Plate Adjustment

Mack90

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are different design pressure plates I have found. The one I pulled out of the truck has no adjustment that I can find. There are three screws for the clutch fingers. I am trying to set ip my new clutch per the manual. The I have dialed in the first adjustment.
I am having issues getting the clutch fingers set to the right distance (2.16in from top of levers to inner surface of pressure plate). I have bottomed out the screws, but the fingers are still only 1.6in.
Any advice is much appreciated.IMG_1630.jpegIMG_1631.jpegIMG_1632.jpegimage.jpg

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the preset Lipe like the last pic. I just had to remove three shipping/installation bolts and it was ready to go.
Rear Main Seal-Clutch Job 010-1.jpg
The TM (9-2320-260-34-1, pg. 4-2) shows your new pressure plate. The release fingers are adjusted via the three nuts in the semi-circular indentations.

Text from the TM...
c. Clutch Lever Adjustment
1. Lay pressure plate (2) on flat surface and measure distance from outer surface of pressure plate (2)
to inner surface (14) of cover (5). Distance should be 1.281 in. (3.25 cm). If distance is not correct,
loosen and adjust three screws (13) until distance is correct at all points.
2. Measure distance from top of three levers (12) to inner surface (10) of pressure plate (2). If
measurement is not 2.16 in. (5.49 cm), go to step 3.
3. If measurement of step 2 was less than specified, turn three nuts (11) an equal amount to left until
correct measurement is obtained. If measurement was more than specified, turn nuts (11) an equal
amount to right until correct measurement is obtained.

Mack90

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the information. I ended up taking the pressure plate back and bought the new design. It probably would have been fine with the clutch pedal adjustment, but the clutch job was too much work to risk it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks