• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pressure washing inside the cab?

Skullmaster

Is it safe to pressure wash the inside of a M923A2 cab? I see no other good way of cleaning it out, just not sure if the guages and other electrical in the truck can handle it

Jeepsinker

Won't hurt it if you don't concentrate on the parts that are obviously fragile, like the gauge faces and lenses. They are subject to water intrusion from high pressure blasts. Everything else should be fine.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my M929 it was very dirty inside. The floor mat was loose so I took that out and used the power washer on it.
It turned out nice and clean.
But like jeepskiner said, just do not stay on the gauges or under the dash very long.
It was summer time here in AZ and it dried fast. LOL

Artisan

I can get brand new floor mats...(PM ONLY ) but indeed I pressure washed
my cabs and it is night and day BUT it really is best to wait for
a really hot day so it will evaporate fast. Having an air hose w/ a
blow tip to get water out of places you do not want water to sit helps too.

The cab of my M916 even gets compliments, all because
I gently pressure washed things/

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
unless you are pulling the mat, do not wash as they are glued down and excellent at soaking and keeping water form evaporating. I have had access to many parts trucks and cabs that had shocking amounts of rust under the mat because it does not breath, traps the water , and rust takes over. They soak the water from underneath and hold it in the spongy layer.

plode

I took the rubber mat out of my truck and put it directly in the trash. It was obvious it contributed greatly to the rusty floor(a few holes) that I had to repair. I still need to get some rubber individual floor mats(like weather tech ones or something similar) just to keep the dirt/mud off the freshly painted floor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks