• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prestolite and Leece-Neville alternators

acetomatoco

The 60 amp leece neville and the prestolite and the autolite versions were all interchangeable to the same application... as they were physically mountable and internallly regulated. Of course there were variations in voltage and amperage for different applications... but the 60 amp 28V DC versions of them were interchangeable... As were the early 25 amp generators and regulators for the M series made by Delco Remy and Autolite...interchangeable all 4 ways.... You find both the LN and Prestolite alts on deuce, 5 ton and 10 tons all over the place.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
for a little project, it would be nice to find a 200 amp continuous duty alternator that would fit the deuce. Not sure if the belts would be up to it.

Bigmillman

Yes sir. I have worked on many friends MV alternators and this is the place I go for parts.
Southern Automotive Wholesalers, Inc.
597 N Saginaw Street
Pontiac, MI 48342-1468
United States
Voice 1-248-335-5555
Fax 1-248-335-1564
You will have to ship to an out of state buddy and have them ship to you to avoid needing a tax id nimber. Or if you have one, no problem. They are on the web too, just google them. I have used them alot. Good people. My last V reg. for a duece was $61 delivered. It took only a day.
Check prestolite's website. They have all thier interchanges. So does Southern Automotive. Thanks, Bob :wink:

Bigmillman

acetomatoco said:
The 60 amp leece neville and the prestolite and the autolite versions were all interchangeable to the same application... as they were physically mountable and internallly regulated. Of course there were variations in voltage and amperage for different applications... but the 60 amp 28V DC versions of them were interchangeable... As were the early 25 amp generators and regulators for the M series made by Delco Remy and Autolite...interchangeable all 4 ways.... You find both the LN and Prestolite alts on deuce, 5 ton and 10 tons all over the place.
They are also on hummers. :)