• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pretty much done!

dcbrown

Finally got the .30 mounted and I'm about done. Still looking for a First Aid kit, and fire extinguisher. With my first military vehicle (any kind of vehicle) project behind me, I'm ready, I think, to start another one. I think I'll work on a WWII WC next time. I did want to thank everyone on this site. You've taught me a ton and offered amazing expertise and knowledge!

Attachments

Stalwart

I like the tire upgrade, makes it look like a whole different rig, more agressive. :beer:

CRAP, it makes me want one. :D

Last edited:

dcbrown

I'll post a few more shots tomorrow.

I'll shoot the bed, cab, etc. tomorrow. Nope, it's not an airsoft. It's a replica, non-firing gun that is correct in size and detail. I'll show a close-up tomorrow, but it came in a goofy gray color. I primed the gun body, then shot it with chrome spray. Over that, I sprayed the body OD. Then, I started brushing the high-points where where and scraping would occur. This took a little OD off those points, allowing the "metal" to show through. It really had a fantastic effect. My father-in-law, who spent time on .30s in Korea, was convinced it was real. Anyway, I'll post some close-ups tomorow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks