• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price for HMMWV with title

sermis

What is the going price for a M998 that has a clear Texas title?
I am thinking about letting one of my trucks go but not sure on the price or to the old ebay sale and hope for the best.

sermis

Might help. 1990 M998. Good solid truck. I got it as a 2 door with troop seats but in the process of converting it to a 4 man so it can be either.
Shows just over 2,500 miles but I am guessing the spedo has been replace but unsure. Front left corner of hood is damaged but fiberglass will fix.

thumbnail_20160609_161945.jpgthumbnail_20160616_165046.jpgthumbnail_20160616_165111.jpg

sermis

No it has the 6.2
The plus is a clear Texas title and registration (on road and not the off road as the trucks are coming from auction)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would still say closer to 10k possibly 12-13k on a good day.
You have people paying $16k plus for offroad only vehicles and this only worth $10k or a little more? If it's not worth $15-$18k I'd just keep it. Too many, I won't use a descriptive here, people equate whats being sold through GP as the same as the Marine Corp release vehicles.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto. Human resourcefulness never ceases. Where there is a will, there is a way.

rick
And where the insurance company finds out it was supposed to off-road only there's a lawsuit.

Never under estimate the power of an ambulance chaser to make a dollar.......off of you.

04mustang

You have people paying $16k plus for offroad only vehicles and this only worth $10k or a little more? If it's not worth $15-$18k I'd just keep it. Too many, I won't use a descriptive here, people equate whats being sold through GP as the same as the Marine Corp release vehicles.
Many people haven't been paying 10k for a GP truck in almost a year. and this is a 6.2 engine. And just because someone online asks for 16k for one with a title doesn't mean they're getting it.
The guy ask for opinions and I gave him my opinion just like you have now.
Personally I didn't pay that much for my hmmwv.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fair price as-is would be $10K-$12K in Texas mainly due to title, reg, and it looks fairly clean. You'll get around $7500-ish on fleabay so throw it up on Craigslist and start networking!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto. Human resourcefulness never ceases. Where there is a will, there is a way.

rick
I think the issue is that the off-road titling restriction is simply not a restriction in many cases.
Tread carefully guys as you should be clearly aware of the HMMWV titling discussion rule on this site. You may get a free vacation.

Predator42

I see planbsupply here in utah selling similar trucks with 6.2 engines starting around $28K they claim in a recent video to be doing 10-15 trucks a month at that price. They add a paint job and interior upgrades for an additional cost structure. My point is sell it for what you are willing to sell it for, and what your buyer is willing to pay but don't just start at the low ball offers others are working with. When I bought mine I paid $24,500 (over a year ago) as a bone stock 2 door 1993 troop carrier from a private seller. And it is worth every penny to me. Sure I get upset when I see trucks at $5000 or $7500 but mine is mine and I love it. FWIW.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to sell it for over $15K, closer to the 20 range, I'd say put in new matching high-back seats, and canvas. Touch up the paint and fix the hood corner. advertise it as a Never "off-road title" truck, and ensure the history goes with it.

Otherwise. Good luck either way.

dk8019

I don't want to stray into the on road titling issue, and I agree, an insurance company is going to anyone to the wall on something like this if they work it all out. Vendors in the market have elevated prices, so you may get more. Is this one of the older Marine sales trucks from the 1990s?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many people haven't been paying 10k for a GP truck in almost a year. and this is a 6.2 engine. And just because someone online asks for 16k for one with a title doesn't mean they're getting it.
The guy ask for opinions and I gave him my opinion just like you have now.
Personally I didn't pay that much for my hmmwv.
Talked to someone that said they just paid $16k for a 6.2 GP truck. Thats what I'm basing my opinion on. Having driven them in the Army I wouldn't give $1k for an offroad only and don't follow GP sales of them.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The price is whatever your comfortable with paying....it's almost impsossible to grade a truck from pics, it needs to be driven and you need to know what to look for like any purchase of a vehicle.
pics don't show worn ball joints, pitman, idler, hard starting, burnt glow plugs....I look for unmolested components.
Price is all relative....people want to use Gp auctions as a guide, which is somewhat fine, but I know guys that bought 20,30 or more trucks and once they get them...they can be beat to crap, more often then not....at least NTC and yermo trucks....driven hard and hung up wet for many years. They look good from 10ft.
set a price based on your finances, search from there, go get in the trucks and drive them....local is always better so you can do your inspection and drive it, plus you have no real transportation costs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks