• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price of a Multifuel injector pump?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
that's for a reman. there has been a 'new' pump on e-bay for $4500. yes i know it is never going to sell. why would anyone want a new, rebuilt, or used complete pump anyway?? all you need to do is replace the ip head, it's the only part that fails.

FreightTrain

Banned
From what I have read.To put it in gasser terms(Easier to understand)the Hydrolic head is basically the distributor button and distributor cap.The injection pump itself is the Coil.The high pressure of the fuel is from the main IP itself.The Hydro head just tells that high pressure which hole to go to.The thing about diesel injection is you gotta have everything to have a properly running engine.Gotta have constant pressure at a constant rate and an exact time.If you have a tired pump then it retards the timing cause it takes a little longer for the pressure to get up to pop off pressure of the injectors causing them to fire too late.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
FT, uh, no. the ip head is everything all in one. pressure, timing, flow, delivery. the rest of the 'pump' is just support. advancer and govenor which can be compensated for even if they were worn. if you have a good ip head you will have all you need. used pumps seem to go for about $250 which also seems to be the price of a new ip head.

jatonka

I'm working on getting the high output IP head to fit on one of my M35 injector pumps. It's at the diesel shop now. If it works out, I will have the ability to have fresh pumps for more trucks. I don't know where to buy the correct IP heads,that is why I am adapting the HO head on. Could also develop some more power, If you could get enough air through the intake. JT out

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The pressure is from the injection nozzle itself. An IP pump is like any other positive displacement pump - it moves volume (and it has a MAX pressure rating) but the pressue is actually developed at the nozzle.

Take the lines lose, the fluid squirts harmlessly. Its like putting your finger over the end of a garden hose - the smaller the opening you make, the more pressure there is.

Regards,
David Doyle

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
high output head?? won't work. you can only inject so much fuel and the stock head does that already. the ip head plunger is the pump and the pressure is set by the nozzle, but not by the size of the holes. it has a needle valve with a very strong spring. usually 2800-3000 psi to lift the needle off the seat. i just bought 2 new heads on ebay, no one else even bid on them.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So I found a brandy-new pump some wheres. I have seen the prices asked, and paid all over the map. In your opinion, (yes I know what a box of crap I just opened) what would you offer for one? It is still wrapped up in the paper.

lenz1079

i just bought an injector head new for 280 shipped to me. it was somebodies xtra so i dont know if he has another. if he does he will PM you, but i wouldnt pay more than 300n for the head

bottleworks

There is an overseas company that makes replacement injection pump heads. I recall one member here installed one and reported positive results. I don't have an address bookmarked on this computer....Will have to check the other...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Re: RE: Price of a Multifuel injector pump?

bottleworks said:
There is an overseas company that makes replacement injection pump heads. I recall one member here installed one and reported positive results. I don't have an address bookmarked on this computer....Will have to check the other...
That info would be nice to have too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks