• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prices on M49A2C?

Lonesome715

I want to get a M49A2C but the prices on GL are too high and from what I can tell dealers are smoking something good. The costs are so far apart I cannot find an average price. What is a reasonable price for one and where is a good place to look? Also, didn’t the M211 come in a similar configuration?

Lonesome715

Oh yeah, running or non running I really do not care. Just as long as it is a complete truck, what kind of prices should I prepare myself for either way?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotta find one on Craigslist or the like. Rarely see any of them regardless of condition go for less than $5000

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $3,300 for my M49A2C back in '95 Camp Lejeune, NC DRMO....high even then, runner, very low mileage non-turbo, complete with hoses, nozzles etc

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Figure you will spend $9-10K on a nice truck. If you think GL prices are high you already know why the retail market is high. I had a really nice 1987 M49A2C that I bought from John Winslow and sold for $9,500 (same price that I paid)...and I honestly think the guy stole it from me. The fuel tankers bring big money...not as much as the dumps...but big money. I've seen rough trucks bring $3K. You gotta pay to play. Start saving. ;-)

Lonesome715

I have seen some real junk M49A2C's go for good money. So I know what you mean. I wonder if I would be better off dropping the money and getting one that is ready to work, or buying one that needs help for less. The problem is I might end up spending more in the long run.

I think I saw a thead on here where some body bught a M217 for almost nothing.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have tried on a number of occasions to save money by buying a lesser truck and fixing it up. I have never come out ahead this way. In my experience, it is better to buy a nice truck for more money than to try to fix up a lesser truck and hope to save a buck. It obviously depends on the retail price of both trucks and how much the lesser truck needs. Good luck.

Lonesome715

I have noticed that trucks sell for different amounts in different places. They can be the same kind of truck in the same condition and have a huge gap in price. What part of the country should I watch for a tanker?