• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Primary fuel filter woes.

BillIdaho

Gentlemen: I hAve a 1968 Kaiser M54A2C. I haven't had it long, and it's time for a filter change (oil and fuel). Here is my problem. (Let me interrupt myself, I tried the search, but my web-fu must not be very good)
I was given Fram 3512's for the secondary fuel filters. The old ones were pretty rough. They were the old style "cloth" covered element, with a metal plate on each end. I noticed the Fram 3512's were a metal container design.
When I opened up the cannister for the primary, I discovered the same style of element. When I took it to the local parts house, (Shucks, Autozone, NAPA, etc) they did their cursory search, and said they didn't have anything like it. When I suggested just measure it and match it that way...it was like asking for their next paycheck. When they asked what vehicle it was out of, I reluctantly told them. Somehow I knew that wasn't going to go over very well.
I read on the technial thread here a Fram 3512 is supposed to work, but at two of the places, they said no way, they didn't even list it.
Certainly something is commonly available. (?)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks