• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prime oil pump on Multifuel?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a way to prime the oil pump on a Multi-fuel that has been sitting?

Thanks,
Dennis

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets see, either nobody knows, or you all don't like me! I'm going to go drive the deuce till I feel better.

Dennis

alphadeltaromeo

Why not just get some spin-ons and solve the issue without having to do plumbing, etc. Mine builds pressure very quickly with spin-ons...2-3 seconds normally and 4-5 if it's been sitting for a LONG time.

JasonS

There are a couple of ways that you can do this. You'll need an external pressurized source of oil. Here is what I did to prelube my Reo gas engine. I took a 302 gmc oil pump which can be spun with it's mating distributor, built a bracket to hold it in a pan of oil, used hose to route it through an external spin-on oil filter, and then finally into the engine. I rotated the engine while prelubing. The pan was located under the engines open drain hole so that the oil could be recycled around. Another method is to use a pressurized tank of oil.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Prime oil pump on Multifuel?

alphadeltaromeo said:
Why not just get some spin-ons and solve the issue without having to do plumbing, etc. Mine builds pressure very quickly with spin-ons...2-3 seconds normally and 4-5 if it's been sitting for a LONG time.
That (anti drainback filters) works if you don't need to preheat the oil in the pan..

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess I need to be more clear. Not interested in a pre-lube system. I'm talking about if the engine is been in storage, or freshly rebuilt, and need to pre-lube the engine for the first start.

I do have some ideas for a pre-lube system, and have read the threads on here, but that's down the road some.

JasonS seems to be on the right track. Had to laugh at your pan, I have cooking pans for oil catching also...

I have a 12v oil pump, I'll just pump a 5 gallon bucket of oil in the pre filter port of the oil filters, and give it a couple of spins.

Thanks!

Dennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks