• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Primer pump leaking any ideas??

Steamynachos

Well I changed my fuel filter and tried to prime the fuel system as stated in the TM. well all i get is air in the line now it seems that my primer pump on the dash lets air into the line when I pump it :( does anyone know what size rubber grommets are on the pump I have some that looked right the but I cant get them to fit in the tube of the pump and it still leakes when I tried the next size down :?:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of engine is it? Can you post a pic of the priming pump. If it's a cummins 220, 749 or 855, it's only 2 o-rings on the shaft. Sorry, don't know much about the 5 ton, just clicked here by mistake, but i do know cummins.

70deuce

Repaced Cummins 250 primer pump O-rings

Finally had to replace the two O-rings on the dash mounted primer pump. Not the greatest pictures of the assembly but you can see why I had diesel dripping off the plunger. Note the O-ring split. 36 year old O-rings tend to do this. Very easy to replace. 5 minute job and cheap repair. The size of the rings are 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD x 1/16"wall. Got mine at Lowes # 0562. M809 Unit Maitenance TM 9-2320-260-20 page 3-62 shows how to dismantle it. !972 M818 was the patient.