• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Priming a dry Cummins PT IP

Dave911

I've got an 855 in a semi tractor - non mil - and I had similar problems. I ended up putting a ball valve in the fuel line between the tanks and the fuel filter that is mounted on the side of the engine. When I park the truck I close the valve. When I want to run the truck, open the valve, start and go. This prevents the fuel from draining back to the tanks. It got so bad that I put a small electric fuel pump ($40) in so I could close the ball valve, open another one and pressurize the IP pump with the electric fuel pump. Saves a lot of cranking when the truck sits for a few months during the winter. My truck is a '71 IH. BTW, when I pressurize the fuel system with the electric pump - there are no leaks anywhere!

Dave

ncduece

i had the same problem with my 818. first problem i had was the throttle cable bracket had worn a pin hole in the cover on the back of the ip second one was a cracked fitting at the selector valve from one of the push to lock fittings being over tightened, use the air pressure on the tank trick on the small line on top of the tank works as stated above. cranks great now

DOCUSN1

How are you making out ? Dont worry youll get it myself and Doghead had to mess with mine in January this year ended up being the tank valve. PM me if you get frustrated I will give you my number if you need help. Mark