• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Priming T/C Oil Pump

m38inmaine

I am trying to prime my transfer case oil pump, following the instructions in the TM. I can pull a steady flow of oil through with a suction gun but all I can get by manually actuating the pump is a dribble. Is this normal or should I be able to get a steady flow manually?

Thanks

Attachments

Gamagoat1

I am trying to prime my transfer case oil pump, following the instructions in the TM. I can pull a steady flow of oil through with a suction gun but all I can get by manually actuating the pump is a dribble. Is this normal or should I be able to get a steady flow manually?

Thanks
It's only a dribble. The stock and diameter of the little piston can't pump much. The dribble drops down inside on the top of thr gear, this spreads as the gear turns.

Gamagoat1

Id add the Lucas if you've never done it before and always if you drain. The main thing is to insure it supplies the oil to those gears, and it's
such a bear to get the dog house up just to check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks