• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Printing TM's what are the top picks

digitaldust

I have automated industrial printing gear ,

what would be your top TM picks to have printed for the Deuce

and why

i can make 1 1500 page book in about 30 min

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even if you own the machinery, I doubt you could print them for less than you can buy them. With that said, TM 9-2320-361-10 (Ops manual) and TM 9-2320-361-20 (unit maintenance) are the two I use most that are in PDF form. If you have reams of paper and toner that you want to waste, add in the TM 9-2320-361-34 as well. I don't use the 209 series much as there are just too many volumes and parts with not much info. The exception is the 1965 versions of the 209s which are good manuals. We have those too in PDF (Scanned in by members) but they may require even more paper. I can go on and on!

digitaldust

well i have lots of toner and paper its all from salvage " NOS " there i have found a few Pdf that i cant print having something or another going on with them. how much is a paper copy of the books ?

papercu

The only TMs that I would think needed to be printed, would be the older ones that are not on .pdf. If you already had the .pdf why wouldn't you just print the few pages you needed.
I once had a guy tell he would never use a TM CD, he wouldn't ever put his computer in the garage. :-D Wayne

Carl_in_NH

Another vote for TM 9-2320-361-20 (unit maintenance) - this is my most used pdf. The Ops manual I found a couple copies of in printed form at the flea market for $5 each, but I've not seen the 1200+ page maintenance manual in paper form. Printing a few pages here and there doesn't cut it for me - there's always a section missing once I get into the job because I overlooked something, and I have to bounce back and forth printing more. If I could find a paper copy I'd buy it. Anyone got any leads?

Thanks,

-Carl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another vote for TM 9-2320-361-20 (unit maintenance) - this is my most used pdf. The Ops manual I found a couple copies of in printed form at the flea market for $5 each, but I've not seen the 1200+ page maintenance manual in paper form. Printing a few pages here and there doesn't cut it for me - there's always a section missing once I get into the job because I overlooked something, and I have to bounce back and forth printing more. If I could find a paper copy I'd buy it. Anyone got any leads?

Thanks,

-Carl
If you don't want to shop the shows, here's a guy with 7 on ebay right now. A little pricey but prolly worth it. IIRC I got mine on EBay for $20.

2 1/2 Ton, M44A2 Series Trucks, Unit Maintenance - eBay (item 350127532322 end time Sep-13-09 23:07:35 PDT)

They have a wonderful pullout schematic in the appendix

Carl_in_NH

Thanks for the pointer, Recovery4x4 - agree, a bit on the spendy side, but a really nice manual. Having it all in one place saves a lot of walking back and forth, printing, and other nonsense when out working on the truck.

Those fold-out schematics are key, too - so much better than something cobbled together from multiple sheets or shrunk down so small you can't read it.

We have a limited number of rallys in this area - I found the ops manuals at the Weare rally in July. That limits the ablity to find the printed TMs on the cheap.

-Carl